|Posted on June 15, 2010 at 11:35 AM|
Tomas pictured here at Indian Wells this year
Tomas interview in Czech by phone on Thursday, June 17, 2010
- After his success in Paris Tomas needed to rest and relax. "I've been twice to play golf". It was a relatively active recreation.
- Fernando Gonzalez won't be playing Davis Cup for Chile because of injury. It can happen to everyone of us on the tour. Of course, now our chances to succeed in Chile are much higher.
- Stepanek has had to withdraw from next week's Wimbledon, where he was seeded 22, as well as his country's Davis Cup quarterfinal against Chile the following month.
- The transition from clay to grass for tennis players is probably the biggest challenge of the season.
- Tomas is following closely the world championship football in South Africa. Before the start of the tournament, along with coach and trainer, each chose his team. Tomas is rooting for Spain.... he was not too happy when Swiss stun favorites Spain.
- This year too Tomas, his team and Lucie Safarova share a house they traditionally rent in London, the same as last year but closer to the tennis courts.
- Tomas is pleased to hear that according to bookmakers in London he is expected to perform well at Wimbledon due to his brilliant form and that he is priced very high on the market, however Tomas stays careful... Don't forget an opponent is waiting for me in the first round!